Non-Regular book launch & artist talk
My new book, Non-Regular: Precarious academic labour at Emily Carr University of Art + Design, which I made in collaboration with 26 instructors and artists, is being published by UNIT/PITT Projects and is launching this fall!
Please join us for a reception and artists’ panel where we will consider the question:
How does employment precarity affect our art and research practices?
- Kristina Lee Podesva, artist, writer, editor and former ECUAD sessional instructor
- Deneige Nadeau, ECUAD sessional instructor, Critical & Cultural Studies
- Terra Poirier, Non-Regular editor and ECUAD grad
- Rita Wong, poet, activist & former ECUAD Faculty Association President
- Moderated by Magnolia Pauker, ECUAD lecturer, Critical & Cultural Studies
Reception at 6pm followed by artist’s talk.
Books will be available for purchase or you can pre-order them at nonregular.ca.
We gratefully and respectfully acknowledge that we are located on the occupied territories of the xwməθkwəýəm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) and səÍílwətaʔɬ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
The ECUAD Aboriginal Gathering Place is wheelchair accessible.
Presented by UNIT/PITT Projects and the Emily Carr University Faculty Association.
A Vancouver Art Book Week and Fair Employment Week event.
UNIT/PITT gratefully acknowledges the assistance of the Canada Council, the British Columbia Arts Council, and the City of Vancouver.